About the Internship
- We are looking for someone to start early 2022
- 3 months minimum
- Unsalaried, but we do pay travel/lunch expenses
This is an exciting opportunity to join our small and dedicated team and get excellent work experience working for our Marketing Manager.
We are looking for a digital maven/social media master – someone who among other things is a creative communicator, who uses their initiative to produce interesting and engaging content that can help build our online following.
You must be:
- Design/graphic skills plus photography and video skills are a bonus
- An interest in dance and the arts
- Social media savvy
- Filming / photographing classes and events and editing to create content for our various social media channels
- Working on Newsletters and other online/hard copy material
- Social media research and post preparation
- Social media analytics and growth
- Research into marketing options for our various offerings
You will assist with:
- Create and manage all social media paid campaigns through Facebook Ad Manager
- Manage and update YouTube channel
- Weekly reports to analyse each platform’s effectiveness and report back to the general manager.
- Demonstrate ways to generate traffic through social media
It’s helpful if you have:
- Some practical knowledge of Instagram, Facebook business, YouTube, advanced experience with photo/video editing software’s such as Adobe Suite or Movie Maker plus ideally some experience of Wordpress, Mailchimp, Hootesuite, Adobe Suite, video software, Microsoft Office packages, Google Docs/Drive, Facebook/Instagram business, basic HTML coding
- An interest in creating compelling content through photography and videography
- Interest in dance/the arts.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written communication skills and spoken English
- Good organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage your time
Our internships are unsalaried, but we do pay basic travel/lunch expenses. You will receive two free dance classes each week at the studios from a wide variety of fitness and dance lessons. Our interns are given responsibility, are mentored, and are included in the work of our staff team and have the opportunity to grow and learn a wide range of skills.
At Danceworks we have an inclusive internship programme (no tea making here!) and we accept interns on an ad-hoc basis. We don’t require a mass of qualifications, but a willingness to learn is a must. Please note we only take on interns for a minimum period of 3 months.
Interested? Send us over your CV (including portfolio or similar), your availability and a short cover letter demonstrating how you would be a good fit to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
“Interning here at Danceworks has been an amazing experience for me. I never thought I would get the chance to be so involved in the business and that I would be able to develop my skill set and knowledge to such a high extent in this short space of time.
I have been a part of many key aspects in the development and day to day running of the business which has been so lovely and exciting, to be trusted and encouraged to get straight into creating, promoting and designing at the heart of the business has been really refreshing.
I have met so many amazing people here who have had an impact on my work attitude and growth, especially with a new understanding of marketing & business which I wasn’t very experienced in but also my training and technique as a dancer. I have been able to continue dancing almost every day which was so important for me and from this, I have been exposed to many incredible classes and teachers here at Danceworks.
Danceworks has helped me to grow in confidence, and it has really been the perfect place for me to expand and develop as an individual, I will always be thankful for the opportunities I have been given here.”