DANCEWORKS LIVESTREAM ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS BALLET COURSE
This livestream course is for absolute beginners
Course content will include (but not limited to):
- Posture and placement work
- Improve core strength
- Basic steps
- Footwork combination
- Improve muscle tone in a long lean elegant way
- Improve flexibility, all while dancing!
- Barre work with basic easy to follow exercises to focus on correct technique
- Centre practice, including:
- Port de Bras
Luke was born in London and trained at the Royal Ballet School from the age of 11. After graduating her joined Scottish Ballet (soloist) where he danced for 10 years and then went on to dance for Rambert until his recent retirement in 2019.
In 2004 he performed with K Ballet Company, Japan at the Metropolitan Opera House NYC for the Frederick Ashton gala. He has danced a range of roles with The Royal Ballet, Scottish Ballet, and Rambert by renowned choreographers such as Balanchine, Ashton, Forsythe, Page, Alston, Macmillan, Wheeldon, Tetley, Christopher Bruce and Matthew Bourne.
Luke was an Olivier nominated dancer for outstanding achievements in 2017 for Mark Baldwin’s ‘Creation’. Most recently Luke was a guest dancer with Company Wayne McGregor in ‘Tree of Codes’ in Paris with the Paris Opera Ballet.
Livestream information – What you will need:
- A good Internet connection.
- A good quality camera. If we can’t see, we can’t correct you.
- A good quality set of speakers. Our students need to be able to hear us clearly.
- A ballet Barre if you have one. If not don’t worry! A chair or a countertop will work fine.
- A ‘dance space’. As long as you can complete the exercises safely, we can work.
Downloading Zoom and Receiving you Livestream link:
Please download Zoom https://zoom.us/for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream workshop.
Workshop times are in UK time (BST). You must be signed up for the workshop at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of the 1st class. This will allow you to receive your workshop link email in time for class! Watch your inbox for your unique class link within 1 hour of the class start time. This link can only be used once, so please do not share with other students!
Please arrive via Zoom 10-15 minutes early. A Danceworks team member will be present to help with any technical difficulties prior to the start of class.All classes are presented live (times BST). Classes will be recorded and will be made available if you cannot make a particular class.
Recommended for ages 13+.