Danceworks Improvers Ballet Course is ideal for anyone that has achieved a basic understanding of ballet steps and vocabulary and has a good level of body placement. You may have already taken our Beginner’s level 2 course. At this level you will be challenged with choreography that is a little bit more complicated than a beginner level, changing body directions more frequently and building confidence to do pirouettes and more challenging allegro. A great benefit of taking this course is the familiarity of the same teacher and fellow dancers for an extended amount of time gives you the confidence to try new steps with careful guidance from your teacher and support from your peers that you may not feel in an open class.
What you can expect to learn from the Improvers Ballet course: A more complicated approach to all basic barre steps achieved at the beginner’s level with a few new additions:
• Battement Tendus
• Battement Degagés
• Rond de jambe a terre and en lair
• Battement Fondu
• Battement Frappé and Petit Battements
• Adage, achieving more complicated arabesque combinations to strengthen the back
• Grand Battements and Battements en cloche
• Balances on two legs and on one leg, with additional balances in bigger positions
• Relevés on two legs and on one leg
Centre work, incorporating all the steps learned at the barre:
• Centre Practice
• Adage movements
• Pirouettes en dehours fron 4th and 5th, preparations for Pirouettes en dedans.
• Basic moving steps en diagonale, including pirouette combinations with balancés.
• Petit allegro
• Medium Allegro
• Introduction to Grands Allegro, achieving separate big jumps with repetition
Our Ballet Courses are carefully constructed to allow you to develop your ballet skills at a suitable pace. This will ensure that you will avoid injuries and will feel very confident to progress to a more challenging level after the completion of the ten weeks of classes. Our teachers at Danceworks are all very qualified and they have a great deal of experience. They will make sure that you feel satisfied in your progression in ballet while enjoying every step of the journey.